Organic Farming Principles (West Cork – June)
June 20, 2023
Owen O Driscoll & Associates
Please note: This course is now SOLD OUT. We have multiple other sessions of this course including another session in Skibbereen in August. Click HERE for more on that course, or click HERE for our full course list.
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 4-day course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by ACA Organic Agriculture Expert Mary Lynch, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in the offices of Owen O’Driscoll & Associates in Skibbereen, Co Cork, across two midweeks, Tuesday / Wednesday June 20th / 21st and Tuesday & Wednesday June 27th / 28th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Tuesday June 20th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Wednesday June 21st (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
Week 2 :
- Tuesday June 27th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Wednesday June 28th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements