Organic Production Principles (West Cork – June)
June 20, 2023
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 4-day course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by ACA Organic Agriculture Expert Mary Lynch, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in the offices of Owen O’Driscoll & Associates in Skibbereen, Co Cork, across two midweeks, Tuesday / Wednesday June 20th / 21st and Tuesday & Wednesday June 27th / 28th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Tuesday June 20th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Wednesday June 21st (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
Week 2 :
- Tuesday June 27th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Wednesday June 28th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements