NOTS Terms and Conditions
National Organic Training Skillnet is funded by Skillnet Ireland member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation & Science. Therefore, the fees for the training course/seminar you wish to attend have been reduced.
Please note that from time to time Skillnet Ireland or a third party may carry out a quality assurance assessment on randomly selected courses/seminars, if you are contacted please take the time to answer the questions that you are asked regarding the training and NOTS.
General conditions of funding:
- To be eligible for the reduced training fee you must be either employed or self-employed (this can also include farming/ horticulture or other sectors).
- You (sole trader etc) or your company must be a member of the network (NOTS) to gain funding, membership is free.
- You must be resident in the Republic of Ireland.
- If you work for a public-sector organisation and wish to attend an event as part of your work, then you are not eligible for grant aided fees.
- If booking online via www.nots.ie membership to the network will become automatic at the time of booking/payment of a course.
- If booking via the NOTS office, once you have been accepted onto the course you will be invoiced via email (or post if requested).
- Course fees MUST be paid in advance, places will NEVER be held without payment, please do not ask for a place to be held on your behalf without payment as refusal may cause offence.
- All fees must be paid directly to the network (the reduced fee advertised by the network/ invoiced, is paid directly by the network member to NOTS and in-turn the network (NOTS) pays the trainer/ college the full cost.
- The network will never pay the grant aided amount directly to the member-company or trainee, the grant will always be in the form of a reduced training cost.
- Refunds will only be issued, if notice of non-attendance is given, in writing 7 working days prior to the commencement of the course, certain more expensive courses have their own longer refund policy (please request information if required)
- Under no circumstances will a training fee be refunded once a course has commenced.
- National Organic Training Skillnet is funded on an annual basis, funding for longer term courses (covering 2 or more calendar years) cannot be guaranteed. However, NOTS have been funded since 2007 and we fully envisage gaining funded in the future. If there is any change to the NOTS funding circumstances, you will be notified in advance.
- Additionally, as a condition of the funding you are required to complete the presented paperwork.
- If you are booking a place through the website, the booking form has mapped the profile sheet therefore it is essential to complete all the questions outlined.
- Please sign in on the sign in sheet daily.
- At the end of the course please complete the evaluation form or evaluation email issued.
- If you do not wish to complete the paperwork and still wish to attend the course you will be charged the full price of the course without NOTS grant aid (prices advertised are inclusive of NOTS grant aid)
Skills Connect – Free Places for Unemployed / Career Transition Participants:
- NOTS operate (on a limited basis) some specific courses for unemployed participants / those who are changing career paths.
- These courses are known as Skills Connect Courses
- If you wish to apply for a place on one of our Skills Connect courses, you must be unemployed or meet the full eligibility criteria which is available at https://www.skillnetireland.ie/about/developing-your-skills/developing-irelands-future-workforce/