Organic Farming Principles (West Cork – August)
August 11, 2023
Owen O Driscoll & Associates
Please note: This course is now SOLD OUT. We have multiple other sessions of this course available throughout the year. Click HERE for our full course list.
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 4-day course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by Grace Maher of the Irish Organic Association, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in the offices of Owen O’Driscoll & Associates in Skibbereen, Co Cork, across two weekends in August – Friday August 11th, Saturday August 12th, Friday August 15th and Saturday August 26th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday August 11th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday August 12th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
Weekend 2 :
- Friday August 25th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday August 26th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements