Controlling Weeds & Pests in Organic Horticulture
July 8, 2023
Oliver Kelly Organic Produce
Learn the principles and practicalities of controlling weeds and pests in organic horticulture with NOTS’ 2-day course with trainer Andy Dibben this July. Taking place on-farm in Wicklow on Saturday July 8th and Sunday July 9th, this will be a 2-day training course where participants gain in-depth knowledge on weed and pest management in organic hort from one of the best in the business.
Taught by trainer Andy Dibben from Abbey Home Farm in the UK, the course will take place in Kiltegan, Co Wicklow on July 8th and 9th.
- Dates: Saturday July 8th and Sunday July 9th, 2023
- Time: 09.30am – 4.30pm each session (lunch provided on both days)
- Venue: Kelly Organic Produce, Ballinroan, Co Wicklow
- Cost: €60 when you sign up through NOTS
- Participants: Strictly limited – sign up ASAP to confirm your place
Course Topics / Structure:
Over the two days, both the theory of weed and pest control and the practical commercial application of these techniques will be looked at in depth. We will cover both field-scale and market garden approaches.
- Weeds – Annuals, Perennials, Rotation, Cover Crops, Equipment and Timing.
- Pests – Slugs, Caterpillars, Aphids, Wireworm, Leather Jackets, Small Mammals, Large Mammals, and lots more. Effective and sustainable approaches to managing pests.
We will look at current techniques, but also take a look at the latest research and promising new techniques in pest and weed management.
Learning will be delivered through presentations, farm walks and a large emphasis on discussion and question time in order to allow attendees to ask specific questions about their holdings and explore solutions.
Sign up ASAP below to confirm your place – if you have any queries, email us at email@example.com