Wedding Floral Intensive Workshop – with Bella Botanica
September 12, 2022
Wedding Floral Intensive Workshop – taught by Sylvia Abraham of Bella Botanica
This workshop runs over four days from 4th – 7th October 2022. The course will run from 10-4pm on the first 3 days but there will be an earlier start on the fourth day as is typical with a real wedding set up.
The workshop will be an immersive, hands on experience with plenty of learning opportunities through hands on design and business/pricing advice. All the designs we will be created without the use of floral foam.
- Dates: Tuesday October 4th – Friday October 7th
- Times: 10.00am – 4.00pm (Day 1 – 3. Earlier start for Day 4)
- Venue: Bella Botanica, The Meadows, Greenanstown, Stamullen, Co Meath K32HX66
- Cost: €1770 when you sign up through NOTS (full course price €2360 for non-NOTS participants)
Day 1 – Tuesday October 4th:
- Mindset & Finding your ideal Client
- Focus on conditioning different types of flowers
- Creating floral recipes and pricing them
- How to create your flower order
In the afternoon we will demo an unstructured bouquet, and then participants will create unstructured bridal bouquets using some chicken wire as the central mechanic to support the stems, along with a buttonhole.
Day 2 – Wednesday October 5th:
- How to respond to couples from the start of an inquiry right through to organising consultation
- How to run a consultation from start to finish
- Securing the wedding sale
- Show how to create a winning floral proposal
- Live discussions with wedding planner and financial advisor
We will create a low footed compote bowl after a demo, talking about colour palettes and design principles. We will also create large urns.
Day 3 – Thursday October 6th:
- Focus on creating wedding week timelines for preparation and design and then create a timeline for the wedding day itself.
- Client management – finding our ideal client and practice doing video preparation.
- Focus also on packing and transporting. Create a meadow style tablescape runner / prep for the staircase installation.
- Prep for deconstructed arch
Day 4 – Friday October 7th:
- A Venue visit and set it up for a ceremony creating a floral arch and ground florals. If there is no staircase, create a living aisle.
- Professional photography is included in the workshop fee so the students can build their portfolios