The Business of Food with Blathnaid Bergin
April 11, 2023
NOTS are delighted to continue our partnership with Blathnaid Bergin and the Business of Food to provide funding again in 2023 for an in-person version of the prestigious “Business of Food” course.
Taking place in Abbeyleix, Co Laois, the course will run every Tuesday from 9.00am – 5.00pm from April 11th through June 20th.
NOTS support means a saving of €1,500 in total for eligible course participants who come through us at NOTS.
Who should do this course?
Anyone who is thinking of opening a cafe, restaurant, pub with food, coffee shop or any iteration of above. Also, for anyone already in business that would like to improve your bottom line profits and increase the efficiency of your operations, take time out to analyse every facet of it and make practical improvements.
What is the cost and what do I get for the fee?
Participants who are eligible and sign up through NOTS pay €2,400 for the course. This is a reduction on the full course price of €3,900.
Includes a pre-course pack, all online training, notes, assignments, case studies, and one-to-one sessions with Blathnaid for each participant during the course.
– Blathnaid Bergin – Owner The Business of Food
– Anne Abberton – FIXX Coffee – FIXX
– Interior Design – Gwen Kenny – New Wave
– Marc Thornton – Marketing
– John Carolan – Accounting & Finance
– Dr. Detta Melia – Food Safety- Detta Melia – LinkedIn
Course Modules / Learning Topics:
- Concept development, Marketing- Customer Segmentation, Legal Obligations in Food Service, A systems approach across the business, Setting standards and systems to support same, Menu Planning, Menu Costing and Pricing, Menu Engineering, Menu Design, Food Quality Control Systems, Managing overhead costs, Minimising Utilities costs, Recognising and eliminating Hidden Costs, Waste Management across the business, and many more.
For any queries about the course, please email us at email@example.com