Sourdough Bread Making Course (Level 2 – April)
April 5, 2022
Riot Rye Bakehouse & Bread School
NOTS are delighted to be working in partnership with Riot Rye Bakehouse & Bread School to provide a 1 day, Level 2 Sourdough Bread Making course this coming April 2022. This is an intermediate course which is suitable for people who have completed our Level 1 course, as well as those who are regular bread makers looking to increase their knowledge of the sourdough process.
They’re only 8 places available on this course – so book as soon as you can! Places will sell out fast, and will be given out on a first come / first served basis.
- Course Date: 5th April 2022. (Tuesday)
- Course Times: 10.00am – 6.00pm
- Course Cost: €85 for eligible participants (This is a massive €50 off the full course price)
- Course Venue: Riot Rye Bakehouse & Bread School, Cloughjordan Eco-village, Cloughjordan, Co Tipperary.
- A delicious vegetarian lunch made with organic, fresh, local ingredients will be provided on the day.
- Organic/Fair Trade tea and coffee served throughout the day.
- Fresh, organic sourdough starter to bring home with you.
- A selection of organic breads you have baked yourself to bring home with you.
You will learn:
- How to make a delicious multi-grain sourdough
- How to incorporate Irish grains and flours into your baking
- How to start and maintain both a wheat and rye sourdough starter
- How to make a great simple sourdough loaf at home to fit the busiest of schedules
- How to make a traditional, flavoursome pain de campagne – a blend of rye and wheat flours
- How to focus on temperature and gluten strength to maximise the volume and lightness of your breads whilst ensuring a full flavour
- How to use baker percentages to create and regulate your own recipes
You will bring home with you a selection of breads you have baked yourself, fresh sourdough starter and the confidence to bake real bread at home!