SOLD OUT – Organic Production Principles (Tipperary – November)
November 11, 2022
Horse and Jockey Hotel
This course has sold out.
We will be running it again in the Horse & Jockey hotel on 13th, 14th, 27th & 28th of January
If you are interested please email us and we’ll put you on a waiting list and let you know when we start taking bookings
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by Mary Lynch, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course is one of the first since re-opening to take place in person, and will run in Horse and Jockey, Co Tipperary across two weekends, Friday / Saturday November 11th, 12th, and 25th and 26th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday November 11th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday November 12th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
Weekend 2 :
- Friday November 25th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday November 26th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements