Organic Production Principles (Roscommon – November)
November 9, 2022
The Percy French Hotel
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by Andrew Chilton, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course is one of the first since re-opening to take place in person, and will run in Strokestown, Co Roscommon across two midweeks, Wednesday / Thursday November 9th, 10th, 16th and 17th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Wednesday November 9th (Classroom Session 9.00am – 4:30pm)
- Thursday November 10th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.30pm)
Weekend 2 :
- Wednesday November 16th (Classroom Session 9.00am – 4:30pm)
- Thursday November 17th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements