Organic Farming Principles (Offaly – June)
June 23, 2023
Tullamore Court Hotel
Please note: This course is now SOLD OUT. We have multiple other sessions of this course available throughout the year. Click HERE for our full course list.
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by Eveline Gill, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in the Tullamore Court Hotel, Tullamore, Co Offaly, across two weekends, Friday / Saturday June 23rd / 24th, and July 8th / 9th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday June 23rd (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday June 24th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
- Friday July 7th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday July 8th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements