Organic Production Principles (Offaly – February)
February 17, 2023
Tullamore Court Hotel
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by Eveline Gill, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in the Tullamore Court Hotel, Tullamore, Co Offaly, across two weekends, Friday / Saturday February 17th / 18th, and March 3rd / 4th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday February 17th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday February 18th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
- Friday March 3rd (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday March 4th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements