Organic Production Principles (Tipperary – January)
January 13, 2023
Horse and Jockey Hotel
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by Mary Lynch, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course is one of the first since re-opening to take place in person, and will run in Horse and Jockey, Co Tipperary across two weekends, Friday / Saturday January 13th, 14th, 27th & 28th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday January 13th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday January 14th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
Weekend 2 :
- Friday January 27th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday January 28th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements