Organic Production Principles (Tipperary – January)
January 13, 2023
Horse and Jockey Hotel
Please note: This course is now SOLD OUT. We have multiple other sessions of this course available throughout the year, across the country. Click HERE for our full course list.
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by Mary Lynch, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course is one of the first since re-opening to take place in person, and will run in Horse and Jockey, Co Tipperary across two weekends, Friday / Saturday January 13th, 14th, 27th & 28th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday January 13th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday January 14th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
Weekend 2 :
- Friday January 27th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday January 28th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements