SOLD OUT – Organic Production Principles (In-Person – July – Leitrim)
July 15, 2022
National Organic Training Skillnet
Please note – this course is now SOLD OUT. We will be organising more OPP courses in the near future.
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by Andrew Chilton, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course is one of the first since 2019 to take place in person, and will run in Drumshanbo, Co Leitrim across two weekends, Friday / Saturday July 15th, 16th, 29th & 30th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday 15th July 2022 (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday 16th July 2022 (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.30pm)
Weekend 2 :
- Friday 29th July 2022 (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday 30th July 2022 (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —5.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements