Organic Production Principles (In-Person – July – Tipperary)
July 8, 2022
Horse and Jockey Hotel
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by Mary Lynch, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course is one of the first since 2019 to take place in person, and will run in Horse and Jockey, Co Tipperary across two weekends, Friday / Saturday July 8th, 9th, 22nd & 23rd.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday 8th July 2022 (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday 9th July 2022 (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
Weekend 2 :
- Friday 22nd July 2022 (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday 23rd July 2022 (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements