Organic Production Principles (Online / In-Person Hybrid – Athlone)
November 25, 2022
Online + In Person
PLEASE NOTE: This course is now SOLD OUT – Go to our courses page for more information on upcoming Organic Production Principles courses.
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by Andrew Chilton, the online / in-person hybrid organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course is will run online on Friday November 25th, Saturday November 26th and Friday December 9th and in-person in Athlone on Saturday December 10th. On the Saturday December 10th session, there will be an organic farm walk (venue TBC), followed by classroom sessions and the examination which will take place (location TBC).
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday November 25th (Online Session 5.00pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday November 26th (Online Session 9.00am —3.30pm)
Weekend 2 :
- Friday December 9th (Online Session 5.00pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday December 10th (In-Person session, Athlone 9.00am —4.00pm – Farm Walk TBC + Examination)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements