Organic Production Principles (Cork – June)
June 30, 2023
Kilmurry GAA Club
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by ACA Organic Agriculture Expert Mary Lynch, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in Kilmurry, Co Cork, across two weekends, Friday / Saturday June 30th / July 1st and the following weekend Jult 7th and 8th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday June 30th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm) – Kilmurry GAA Club
- Saturday July 1st (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm) – Independence Museum, Kilmurry
Weekend 2 :
- Friday July 7th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm) – Kilmurry GAA Club
- Saturday July 8th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm) – Independence Museum, Kilmurry
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements