Organic Farming Principles (Cork – June)
June 30, 2023
Independence Museum, Kilmurry
Please note: This course is now SOLD OUT. We have multiple other sessions of this course available throughout the year. Click HERE for our full course list.
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by ACA Organic Agriculture Expert Mary Lynch, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in Kilmurry, Co Cork, across two weekends, Friday / Saturday June 30th / July 1st and the following weekend July 7th and 8th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday June 30th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm) – Independence Museum, Kilmurry
- Saturday July 1st (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm) – Independence Museum, Kilmurry
Weekend 2 :
- Friday July 7th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm) – Independence Museum, Kilmurry
- Saturday July 8th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm) – Independence Museum, Kilmurry
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements