Organic Production Principles (Mayo – Ballina)
June 23, 2023
Great National Hotel Ballina
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by legendary organic author and advisor Klaus Laitenberger, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in the Great National Hotel Ballina, Ballina, Co Mayo, across two weekends, Friday & Saturday June 23rd /24th and Friday & Saturday June 30th / July 1st.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday June 23rd (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday June 24th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
Weekend 2 :
- Friday June 30th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday July 1st (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements