Organic Production Principles (Kerry – April)
April 21, 2023
The Heights Hotel Killarney
Please note: This course is now SOLD OUT. We have multiple other sessions of this course available throughout the year, including another in Kerry in July. Click HERE for our full course list.
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by ACA Organic Agriculture Expert Mary Lynch, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in the Heights Hotel, Killarney, Co Kerry, across two weekends, Friday / Saturday April 21st & 22nd, and May 5th & 6th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday April 21st (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday April 22nd (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
Weekend 2 :
- Friday May 5th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday May 6th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements