Organic Farming Principles (Cork – November)
November 3, 2023
Cork (Exact Venue TBC)
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with our 2-weekend course in Organic Farming Principles. Taught by Grace Maher, this practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in Cork (exact venue TBC), across two weekends, Friday / Saturday November 3rd, 4th, 17th & 18th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday November 3rd (Classroom Session 5.00pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday November 4th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
- Friday November 17th (Classroom Session 5.00pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday November 18th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements