Organic Production Principles (Sligo)
April 27, 2023
An Chroi, South Sligo Enterprise Centre
Please note: This course is now SOLD OUT. We have multiple other sessions of this course available throughout the year. Click HERE for our full course list.
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 4-day course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by legendary organic author and advisor Klaus Laitenberger, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in An Chroi, South Sligo Enterprise Centre across four days in April and May – the first three sessions will be Thursday evenings, April 27th, May 4th and May 11th. The final day running on Monday May 22nd from 09.30am to 4.00pm including a farm walk, and examination.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Thursday April 27th (Classroom Session 5.00pm – 9:30pm)
- Thursday May 4th (Classroom Session 5.00pm – 9:30pm)
- Thursday May 11th (Classroom Session 5.00pm – 9:30pm)
- Monday May 22nd (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 10.00am — 3.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements