Organic Production Principles (Donegal – October / November)
September 12, 2022
The Base Enterprise Centre
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by Andrew Chilton, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in The Base Enterprise Centre, Stranorlar, Co Donegal F93 A0E4 across two weekends, Friday / Saturday October 28th & 29th, and November 11th / 12th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday October 28th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday October 29th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
Weekend 2 :
- Friday November 11th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday November 12th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements