Organic Production Principles (Cork – October)
October 7, 2022
PLEASE NOTE: This course is now SOLD OUT. We have additional OPP courses running in October & November. See HERE
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 25-hour / 2-weekend course in Organic Production Principles. Taught by ACA Organic Agriculture Expert Mary Lynch, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in Kilmurry, Co Cork, across two weekends, Friday / Saturday October 7th & 8th and 21st & 22nd.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday October 7th (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday October 8th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
Weekend 2 :
- Friday October 21st (Classroom Session 5.30pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday October 22nd (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production.
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements