Organic Farming Principles (Kerry – March)
March 8, 2024
Killarney Plaza Hotel
Please note: This course is now SOLD OUT. We have multiple other sessions of this course available throughout the year – including one in Kerry in April / May. Click HERE for our full course list.
If you want to be added to the waiting list for this course, please fill out the form below:
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with this 4-day / 2-weekend course in Organic Farming Principles. Taught by ACA Organic Advisor Mary Lynch, the practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in the Killarney Plaza Hotel, Killarney, Co Kerry across two weekends, Friday / Saturday March 8th, 9th, 22nd & 23rd.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday March 8th (Classroom Session 5.00pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday March 9th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
- Friday March 22nd (Classroom Session 5.00pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday March 23rd (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements