Obsalim – Ruminant Health Training Course
July 28, 2022
Everton Soccer Club
For the first time in Ireland, NOTS are delighted to provide funding for a course in learning to use Obsalim on your farm. Taking place in Cork across two days in July and August (and a final day later in the year), this course is run by UK-based experts Tony Pinkus and Edward De Beukelaer of Ruminant Health.
Across the two initial training days (July 28th and August 16th), participants will be taught the theory of the Obsalim system, followed by a practical demonstration of Obsalim application on two farms in Cork. Participants will compare and discuss observations in depth.
- Dates: Day 1: July 28th / Day 2: August 16th (Day 3 TBC later in 2022)
- Times: 9.30am – 4.30pm each day
- Classroom Venue: T12 YF62 (Everton Soccer Club, Lehenaghmore, Farmer’s Cross, Cork)
- Farm Venues: Two demonstration farms in Cork – Eircodes will be given to participants on signup
- Cost: €550 when you sign up through NOTS. If a second farmer from the same farm wishes to sign up, the cost is €275 for the second farmer (on request)
What is Obsalim?
Obsalim is a unique method of assessment and ration adjustments, based on observing your cows, goats and/or sheep. It helps you better read your animals, to understand how they are digesting the ration in real time. It uncovers the subtle issues that are generating problems, and reveals opportunities to reduce input costs and turn losses into profits.
Obsalim helps you answer questions such as:
- How are my cows, sheep or goats eating and digesting the grass or the ration?
- Why is there a gap between what the ration sheet predicts and what they are actually producing?
- How can I close this gap?
- Are they getting enough or too much energy, protein and/or fibre?
- How can I improve the overall health of my herd?
For further info on the Obsalim system or on this course, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.ruminanthealth.co.uk/