NOTS Organic & Biological Farm Walk Series
September 21, 2022
NOTS are delighted to be bringing back our series of farm walks in the areas of organic and biological agriculture throughout summer 2022.
Aimed at looking at alternatives to high-input agriculture, the walks will showcase innovation on Irish farms and explain how farmers, by focusing on soil health, are achieving comparable yields to conventional agriculture in the absence of high chemical inputs.
Every penny of your individual ticket or season ticket fee will be donated to the Irish Red Cross’ Ukraine Crisis Appeal.
With a focus on food security, and farm-based fertility programmes, the events will feature a wide range of enterprises implementing biological approaches such as multi-species grassland, composting, biodynamics, holistic management, and more, from a diverse group of farmers from all around Ireland. See full walk list below:
NOTS 2022 Organic & Biological Farm Walk Series:
- May 18th: Gerard Deegan (Mullingar, Co Westmeath) – Beef, Composting & Forestry
- May 23rd: Rossa Gibbons (Skibbereen, Co Cork) – Agroforestry
- May 24th: Gareth Culligan (Stabannan, Co Louth) – Arable / Combi-Crops
- June 14th: Stuart Rogers (Knocknatulla, Co Meath) – Organic Arable & Specialist Hay
- June 22nd: Kevin O’Hanlon – Pollard Farm (Ballywilliam, Co Wexford) – Dairy / Arable & Multi Species
- July 5th: Alan Mooney (Kilcock, Co Kildare) – Biodynamic, Arable & Beef
- July 20th: Norman Dunne (Maynooth, Co Kildare) – Biological / Arable & Poultry
- July 27th: Kylie Magner – Magners Farm (Ballynonty, Co Tipperary) – Organic Poultry & Pork + Tourism
- August 3rd: Mark Hanley (Mullymucks, Co Roscommon) – Organic Beef, Sheep & Arable
- August 10th: Glasrai Farm – Aoife & Joe Reilly (Hollymount, Co Mayo) – Organic Horticulture
- September 21st: Gleann Buí Farm – Sinead Moran & Michael McGrath (Aghamore, Co Mayo) – Organic Micro Dairy