NOTS Organic & Biological Farm Walk Series
May 18, 2022
NOTS are delighted to be bringing back our series of farm walks in the areas of organic and biological agriculture throughout summer 2022.
Aimed at looking at alternatives to high-input agriculture, the walks will showcase innovation on Irish farms and explain how farmers, by focusing on soil health, are achieving comparable yields to conventional agriculture in the absence of high chemical inputs.
Each walk costs €10 to attend individually. A Season Ticket pass to all events costs €50 – and NOTS have decided to donate 100% of all ticket sales for the series to the Ukrainian humanitarian effort. Every penny of your individual €10 ticket or season ticket €50 fee will be donated to the Irish Red Cross’ Ukraine Crisis Appeal.
With a focus on food security, and farm-based fertility programmes, the events will feature a wide range of enterprises implementing biological approaches such as multi-species grassland, composting, biodynamics, holistic management, and more, from a diverse group of farmers from all around Ireland. See full walk list below:
NOTS 2022 Organic & Biological Farm Walk Series:
- May 18th: Gerard Deegan (Mullingar, Co Westmeath) – Beef, Composting & Forestry
- Gerard is an organic beef farmer based near Mullingar Co Westmeath. His farm consists of extensive broadleaf woodland, and he has developed and built his own compost turner among other innovations. Eircode for farm walk: N91 R126 (note: Only available to ticket holders – please sign up by purchasing individual walk or season ticket below)
- May 23rd: Rossa Gibbons (Skibbereen, Co Cork) – Agroforestry (2 X Free Walks, 10.30am & 1.00pm)
- May 24th: Gareth Culligan (Stabannan, Co Louth) – Arable / Combi-Crops
- June 14th: Stuart Rogers (Knocknatulla, Co Meath) – Arable & Specialist Hay
- June 22nd: Kevin O’Hanlon – Pollard Farm (Ballywilliam, Co Wexford) – Dairy / Arable & Multi Species
- July 5th: Alan Mooney (Kilcock, Co Kildare) – Biodynamic, Arable & Beef
- July 20th: Norman Dunne (Maynooth, Co Kildare) – Biological / Arable & Poultry
- July 27th: Kylie Magner – Magners Farm (Ballynonty, Co Tipperary) – Organic Poultry & Pork + Tourism
- August 3rd: Mark Hanley (Mullymucks, Co Roscommon) – Organic Beef, Sheep & Arable
- August 10th: Glasrai Farm – Aoife & Joe Reilly (Hollymount, Co Mayo) – Organic Horticulture
- September 21st: Gleann Buí Farm – Sinead Moran & Michael McGrath (Aghamore, Co Mayo) – Organic Micro Dairy
Please note: One “Season Pass” allows one individual or family to attend as many walks as they like. If you would like to donate to the fund even though you are unable to attend the walks – you can still buy a ticket – and your name will be included in the donation list.