Introduction to Biodynamic Farming
November 23, 2022
Please note: This course is now SOLD OUT. Contact us by email at email@example.com for more information about accommodation, or future course sessions.
Learn the principles and practicalities of biodynamic farming with NOTS’ 2-day Introduction to Biodynamic Farming course this November. Taking place on-farm on November 23rd and 24th, this will be a 2-day, on-farm training course where participants gain a foundation in biodynamic farming practices.
Taught by trainer David Wallis, Timmy Martin, and host Trevor Harris, the course will take place on Trevor’s farm in Co Kildare, where he practices biodynamic farming.
- Dates: November 23rd & 24th, 2022
- Time: 09.30am – 4.30pm each session (lunch provided on both days)
- Venue: Cooltrim, Donadea, Co Kildare (Eircode to be provided to participants)
- Cost: €120 when you sign up through NOTS
- Participants: Strictly limited to 20 – sign up ASAP to confirm your place
- Accommodation Package: €95 for Bed, Breakfast & Evening Meal in the Westgrove Hotel, Clane on Wednesday November 23rd.
Course Topics / Structure:
Day 1: Wednesday November 23rd:
– What is Biodynamic Farming?
– Astronomy and Plant Growth
– How the Biodynamic Preparations work
– The Field Spray Preparations: 500, the Soil Spray and 501, the Atmosphere Spray
– How to make and store 500 and 501
– Practical demonstration of the procedure for preparing and applying the soil spray
Day 2: Thursday November 24th:
– Practical demonstration of the procedure for preparing and applying the atmosphere spray
– The Compost Preparations: how to make and store them
– Practical demonstration of Biodynamic compost making.
– Weed management using “Peppers”
– The Biodynamic “Toolkit” explained
– Future Potentials: Potentised Biodynamic Preparations