Introduction to Biodynamic Farming
May 18, 2023
Please note: This course is now SOLD OUT. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the cancellation list.
Learn the principles and practicalities of biodynamic farming with NOTS’ 2-day Introduction to Biodynamic Farming course this May. Taking place on-farm on May 18th and 19th, this will be a 2-day, on-farm training course where participants gain a foundation in biodynamic farming practices.
Taught by trainers David Wallis, Timmy Martin, Noel Higgins, and host Trevor Harris, the course will take place on Trevor’s farm in Co Kildare, where he practices biodynamic farming.
- Dates: Thursday May 18th & Friday May 19th, 2023
- Time: 09.30am – 4.30pm each session (lunch provided on both days)
- Venue: Cooltrim, Donadea, Co Kildare (Eircode to be provided to participants)
- Cost: €120 when you sign up through NOTS
- Participants: Strictly limited to 20 – sign up ASAP to confirm your place
Course Topics / Structure:
Day 1: Thursday May 18th:
– What is Biodynamic Farming?
– Astronomy and Plant Growth
– How the Biodynamic Preparations work
– The Field Spray Preparations: 500, the Soil Spray and 501, the Atmosphere Spray
– How to make and store 500 and 501
– Practical demonstration of the procedure for preparing and applying the soil spray
Day 2: Friday May 19th:
– Practical demonstration of the procedure for preparing and applying the atmosphere spray
– The Compost Preparations: how to make and store them
– Practical demonstration of Biodynamic compost making.
– Weed management using “Peppers”
– The Biodynamic “Toolkit” explained
– Future Potentials: Potentised Biodynamic Preparations