Intro to Beekeeping @ Ballymaloe Cookery School
September 19, 2023
Ballymaloe Cookery School, Organic Farm and Gardens
NOTS are thrilled to partner with Ballymaloe Cookery School, Organic Farm and Gardens to provide an in-person “Introduction to Beekeeping” course with experienced Cork beekeeper Niall Coffey.
Delivered by Niall Coffey, Ballymaloe’s local beekeeper with over 15 years experience, this half day course will give you a basic understanding of what’s really involved in beekeeping. Niall takes a natural approach to beekeeping that prioritises the bees’ welfare over honey production.
- DATE: Tuesday September 19th, 2023
- TIMES: 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- VENUE: Ballymaloe Cookery School, Organic Farm and Gardens, Shanagarry, Co Cork
- COST: Just €60 when you sign up through NOTS
- PARTICIPANTS: Very Limited (Sign up ASAP to confirm your place)
Please note – to qualify for the NOTS rate, you must be a) resident in Ireland; and b) employed in any sector (either full-time or part-time). If you are not currently in employment – please sign up directly through Ballymaloe Cookery School.
What You’ll Learn:
- A basic understanding of the lifecycle of a bee (and the beekeeper!!)
- How to care for your bees to ensure they have adequate food supply, water and shelter
- The equipment and tools needed to manage your hive
- How to capture a swarm of bees
- How to harvest honey
Please note course places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place. Any questions, email us at email@example.com.