Composting Masterclass with Bruno Follador
June 20, 2022
Learn new perspectives and possibilities for Farm-Scale Composting with this 2-day in person course with internationally-renowned composting expert Bruno Follador. Taking place on a working farm close to Mullingar, Co Westmeath, Bruno will teach you to develop dynamic ways of seeing and working with farm-scale composting.
This is a high-demand course with just 25 places available – so book ASAP to secure your place.
- Dates: June 20th – 21st, 2022 (2-day course)
- Times: 9.30am – 4.00pm each day
- Venue: Cloghan, Mullingar, Co Westmeath (farm Eircode will be supplied to participants)
- Cost: €110 when you sign up through NOTS (this is a significant cost reduction on full course price)
- Accommodation: – We are offering a B&B + Evening Meal Deal for €70 on the night of Monday 20th and / or Sunday 19th – with Bruno in attendance! – See additional ticket options below.
Course Topics / Learnings include;
- How we can reliably discern and evaluate the biological quality of a compost without the need for costly/time-consuming biological assays
- How to perceive and recognize the different phases of the composting process
- How to orchestrate all the different organic substances into a living whole, creating life conditions where the desirable micro-organisms will naturally proliferate
- How to generate the proper type and amount of compost to be applied with optimal results for each individual farm/garden
- How to establish, manage and organize a compost site
- How to mix, build and turn piles or windrows
- How to understand the Carbon/Nitrogen ratio from a qualitative perspective
- How to recognize and work with the 4 Elements in the farm-landscape and the composting process
- When to turn your compost pile
- How to integrate the composting process into the life of the farm