Organic Farming Principles (Carlow – December)
December 1, 2023
Carlow (Exact Venue TBC)
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with our 2-weekend course in Organic Farming Principles. Taught by Grace Maher, this practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in Carlow (exact venue TBC), across two weekends, Friday / Saturday December 1st, 2nd, 15th & 16th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Friday December 1st (Classroom Session 5.00pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday December 2nd (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit 9.00am —4.00pm)
- Friday December 15th (Classroom Session 5.00pm – 9:30pm)
- Saturday December 16th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements