Organic Farming Scheme Information Day for Horticultural Growers
February 29, 2024
County Arms Hotel
NOTS are delighted to be partnering with the DAFM Organic Unit to provide a free 1-day information session for horticultural growers on the Organic Farming Scheme and related benefits.——————-
Taking place on Thursday 29th February in the County Arms Hotel, Birr, this is a once-off, in-depth knowledge transfer day which will feature contributions from key DAFM staff, the Organic Growers of Ireland, Teagasc, the Agricultural Consultant’s Association, and many of the leading organic growers working in Ireland today. Minister Pippa Hackett will give the opening address.
Everybody with an interest in organic horticulture is welcome – growers, gardeners, market gardeners, farmers, processors, and retailers. There will be dedicated Q&A sections after each presentation, and interactive roundtable workshops with key stakeholders. Key information here:
- Date: Thursday February 29th, 2024
- Time: 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Venue: County Arms Hotel, Birr, Co Offaly
- Cost: No cost when you sign up through NOTS. Tea, coffee, refreshments, and a full organic lunch will be available for attendees.
Sessions / Discussion Topics will include:
- Opening Address by Minister Pippa Hackett
- Setting up & running a small market garden (Jim Cronin)
- The steps to joining the Organic Farming Scheme
- Discussion of the DAFM €8000 turnover threshold
- Sourcing an advisor and key benefits.
- What is an FBO Number how do you get it?
- Applying for a DVO Number (what it is and why you need it?)
- BISS Application what’s involved and how to achieve it
- Putting together an organic business plan
- What other supports are available
- Roundtable Workshops related to the above topics (there will be horticulture and advisory experts on hand to answer your questions and assist with dissemination of information)
Sign up for free below: