Organic Farming Principles (Knock – December)
December 2, 2023
Knock House Hotel
Learn what’s involved in converting to organic farming with our 2-weekend course in Organic Farming Principles. Taught by iconic organic grower and author Klaus Laitenberger, this practical organic course is QQI Level 5 certified, and is accepted to gain access onto the Organic Farming Scheme.
The course will run in the Knock House Hotel, Knock, Co Mayo, across two weekends – Saturday December 2nd, Saturday December 9th & Sunday December 10th.
Please note, places are limited, so sign up ASAP to confirm your place.
Course Cost: €200 when you sign up through NOTS
- Saturday December 2nd (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Weekend 2 :
- Saturday December 9th (Classroom Session 9.00am —4.00pm)
- Sunday December 10th (Classroom Sessions + Organic Farm Visit + Written Examination – 9.00am —4.00pm)
Course Content / Modules:
- Review the origin and history of organic production
- State the principles of organic production
- Interpret the Organic Standards
- How to complete an organic conversion plan
- Assess the economic viability and market opportunities for organic production
- Preparing a business plan for farmers considering conversion
- Background to organic production
- Principles of organic production
- Organic Standards
- Economics of organic production
- Organic Scheme requirements