Introduction to Market Gardening with Jim Cronin
February 21, 2024
Join legendary organic market gardener Jim Cronin for a 3-day Introduction to Market Gardening course in Co Clare in 2024.
This is a great starter course in organic gardening / farming. We will cover setting up a garden and maintaining it during the year as well as key techniques in sowing, planting, hoeing, weed control, protected cropping, and more. A wide variety of crops will be covered in the classroom, and outside in a small garden. There will be plenty of time for questions.
The course will be held on Jim Cronin’s farm near Killaloe, Co Clare. This is the first time we have been able to run this introduction course fully in person since 2019, so we are expecting a big demand – sign up below ASAP to secure your place.
- Dates: Day 1: Wednesday February 21st / Day 2: Wednesday March 20th / Day 3: Wednesday May 1st
- Times: 10.00am to 4.30pm each day
- Venue: Jim Cronin’s Farm, Ballyknavin, Bridgetown, Co Clare
- Trainer: Jim Cronin
- Cost: €150 when you sign up through NOTS
Course Content / Topics:
- Planting techniques
- Polytunnel production / Outdoor production
- Weed control
- Pests and diseases
- Successional sowing
- All year round production
- Financial returns
- Marketing, and more