Sold Out – Introduction to Seed Saving (September)
September 10, 2022
Irish Seed Savers Association
Please note this course has sold out
NOTS are delighted to partner with the Irish Seed Savers Association again in 2022 for a 1-day course “Introduction to Seed Saving” taking place in Scarriff, Co Clare on Saturday September 10th.
Saving seeds is an age-old tradition that is growing in popularity amongst gardeners due to its many benefits. Saving seeds saves money, prevents heirloom varieties from going extinct, and develops resilient seed varieties. It’s also very satisfying.
Participants on this course will learn the basic skills to harvest and save seed from vegetable crops and flower plants, including planning, selection, harvesting and drying.
The course includes a little bit of botany and lots of practical experience harvesting seeds in the Irish Seed Savers Association gardens. The course is delivered by a highly experienced tutor and is suitable for all gardeners, as well as GIY groups, community gardens and teachers.
- DATE: Saturday September 10th, 2022
- TIMES: 10am to 4.30pm (arrive between 9.15 and 9.45am for registration)
- VENUE: Irish Seed Savers Association, Capparoe, Scarriff, Co. Clare
- COST: Just €55 when you sign up through NOTS
- PARTICIPANTS: Maximum of 10 (Sign up ASAP to confirm your place)
- Courses are suitable for adults only.
- For safety, children under 18 years are not permitted at the workshops.
- The Seed Savers Cafe will be open on each course day for lunch, serving soup, tea & coffee and homemade cakes. The Cafe is vegetarian and uses organic ingredients whenever possible from our gardens and orchards as well as from local organic farmers.