In 2020, NOTS will again be providing reduced cost funding for the 2-year, part-time Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Horticulture (NFQ Level 7) in conjunction with Technological University Dublin (Blanchardstown Campus).
The 2 year, in depth horticulture course is one of the top horticulture programmes in Ireland, and is delivered via a blended hybrid of online / distance learning classes and on-site learning.
- Online lectures (synchronous/ live and also recorded and available after lecture session): Monday & Wednesday 6pm-9pm
- Classes on campus every 3rd Saturday 9am-4pm
Course aims: Graduates of this programme will be qualified to deliver both traditional and contemporary horticulture skills across a wide range of disciplines.
Fees: Please note these are 2019 prices – 2020 prices may change, and we will update this page when 2020 fees are confirmed.
€2,140 per year (The price is all inclusive and includes all course material and exam entry fees. Please contact our office on 071 9640688 if you have any queries.)
The full cost of the course is €2,850 per year. However, with NOTS funding, members will only pay the reduced fee of €2,140 payable directly to NOTS. This means you save a massive €710 by registering through us. Places and NOTS funding are limited, and enrolment is on a ‘first come, first served’ basis so we encourage you to register as soon as you can.
Year 1 Core Modules:
– Horticultural Project Management
– Trees & Woodlands
– Marketing a Horticultural Enterprise
– Fruit Production
Year 2 Core Modules
– Research Methods for Horticulture
– Manage Your Own Business
– Crops Under Protection
Elective Modules (choose one per semester)
– Organic & Sustainable Horticulture
– Soft Landscape Construction and Design
– Floristry & Interior Landscape
– Advanced Landscape Design
– Retail Horticulture
– Food Product Development 1