NOTS are delighted to be working in partnership with Riot Rye Bakehouse & Bread School to provide a 1 day Sourdough Bread Making course in February 2020.
Riot Rye Bakehouse & Bread School are well known specialists in sourdough baking. From their base in Cloughjordan EcoVillage, Co Tipperary, they deliver a thorough and fundamental introduction to sourdough baking. This highly-practical 1-day course is suitable for beginners as well as those with some experience baking sourdough bread.
They’re only 8 places available on this course – so book as soon as you can! Places will sell out fast, and will be given out on a first come / first served basis.
Course Date: Tuesday 25th of February 2020
Course Times: 11am – 6pm.
Course Cost: €80 for participants who book through NOTS (Full course price is €125 for non NOTS Members)
Course Venue: Riot Rye Bakehouse & Bread School, Cloughjordan Eco-village, Cloughjordan, Co Tipperary.
- Fresh, organic sourdough starter to bring home with you.
- A delicious vegetarian lunch made with organic, fresh, local ingredients will be provided on the day.
- Organic/Fair Trade tea and coffee served throughout the day.
- A selection of organic breads you have baked yourself to bring home with you.
You will learn:
- How to start and maintain a rye sourdough starter
- How to blend flours to create different flavours in your breads
- How to manage the fermentation and flavour of your doughs
- How to make flavoursome and highly nutritious wheat and rye sourdough breads
- How to maximise the nutritional benefits and digestability of sourdough breads
You will bring home with you a selection of breads you have baked yourself, fresh sourdough starter and the confidence to bake real bread at home!
Pre Course Material:
The trainers will be sending pre-course material to all participants approximately 3 weeks before the course.
Riot Rye practise lifelong learning, and encourage people attending this beginner course to make their own rye sourdough starter a week prior to the start date. This gets you thinking about sourdough, and gives you a feel for what sourdough is and how it works. If you don’t have the time/inclination, don’t worry! They have plenty of sourdough starter there that you can bake with.
We would advice you to check out their website https://www.riotrye.ie/common-loaf/# which has some recipes and videos with instructions.