Continuing our online soil health series, NOTS can confirm another Part 1 session of Soil Health & Regenerative Agriculture for Livestock Farms (Online) with Niels Corfield. This will run over two consecutive Tuesday mornings – June 23rd and 30th.
The course is available for the remarkable introductory price of just €25 when you sign up through NOTS.
This interactive online course focuses on the whys and wherefores of regenerative agriculture, soil health and pasture management on grazed operations. Learn how to monitor soil/pasture on your farm, and get introduced to new ways of thinking about the “farming problem” and new ways to monitor your farm.
Date: June 23rd & 30th, 2020
Time: 9.00am – 1.00pm both days
Cost: €25 (NOTS Rate)
Please note there are just 15 places available on this course. Register now to reserve your place.
Course Details (Runs for two mornings 9am – 1.00pm)
– Regenerative agriculture
– Soil health principles
– Analysis of soils/pasture on your farm
– Pasture health principles
Note: All sessions will be videoed and made available to you offline, for you to watch again, or to view if you miss the live session.
Who should take this course?
• Graziers, herdsmen & shepherds
• Farm & estate managers
• New entrants
• Ecologists & advisors
Course Topics / Modules:
• Principles of grazing management
• Learning to read your soil and pasture
• Understanding soil health: soil health principles for graziers
• Time-saving strategies for management of land & livestock
• Grazing management systems: mob grazing & planned grazing
• Overseeding existing pasture & establishing new covers
• Monitoring, data gathering & Soilmentor