Join author and farmer Steve Gabriel, along with a range of special guest presenters, sharing their knowledge and expertise in the fields of Silvopasture / Agroforestry.
The course will be a series of 6 LIVE webinars: Feb 10 – March 16, 2020 at 6pm Irish time.
This online course mirrors the chapters in the SILVOPASTURE book, supporting participants to deepen their understanding of the practice through weekly live webinars, case studies, and support to work through a plan for their operation. Silvopasture is highly rated among all agriculture solutions to a changing climate, and this course will present the tools and expert knowledge needed to help you to get started.
Steve and his special guests will cover many of the critical decision points including selection of animals and trees, layout and planning of plantings, fencing systems, and more. The course also covers strategies to budget and find sources of funding to help get your silvopasture off the ground.
– Week 1 – February 10th: Defining Silvopasture Principles & Benefits
– Week 2 – February 17th: History and Ecology
– Week 3 – February 24th: The Animals
– Week 4 – March 2nd: Woodland Conversion
– Week 5 – March 9th: Trees Into Pasture
– Week 6 – March 16th: Putting it All Together
All sessions begin at 6pm Irish time
– €150 for NOTS Members – includes a copy of “Silvopasture”
– €130 if you already have a copy of “Silvopasture”
– February 10
– February 17
– February 24
– March 2
– March 9
– March 16