Quality compost is an integral part of a fertile, weed free, nutritionally-balanced farm and garden. In this 4-session online course filmed on-location at his farm, Jim Cronin will bring you through the finer details of compost making for farmers, growers and gardeners.
A step-by-step guide to practical compost making from the small grower or gardener up to the large scale farmer. These principles are suitable for anyone – whether your target is to create 100 kilos of compost or 1000 tonnes.
Three online video tutorials followed by a full live Q&A session with trainer Jim Cronin.
– Video Tutorial 1: September 1st
– Video Tutorial 2: September 8th
– Video Tutorial 3: September 15th
– Special Live Q&A Session with Jim Cronin: September 22nd
Please note that the sessions will all be available to watch back as often as you like once they have premiered. You will be sent a link and unique password on the morning of each session to watch the videos.
Course Topics covered:
– Principles of good composting
– Compost heap sizes
– Siting a compost heap
– Ingredients to use
– Properties of Brown / Green ingredients
– Achieving optimum temperature
– Visual assessment of your compost heap
– Do’s and Don’ts for your compost heap
– Finishing your compost heap
Trainer – Jim Cronin:
Jim is a renowned organic vegetable grower who trains people to become growers themselves. Jim operates a market garden in Bridgetown, Killaloe, Co. Clare where he grows a wide range of vegetables year round. Jim uses draft horses to help with the heavy work. He also runs our popular Organic Market Gardening and Introduction to Market Gardening courses.
€30 when you book through NOTS.