Please note this message from the Dry Stone Wall Association of Ireland about the suspension of Dry Stone Wall courses until June:
All DSWAI workshop activities are suspended until June.
DSWAI workshops are a fun and rewarding learning and teaching experience for tutors and course participants alike and we are very disappointed to be suspending them.
However, it is only right we take appropriate action to protect our members, volunteers, tutors, and course participants, as well as their families and the general public. Thank you wholeheartedly for your support and understanding and we wish you and your families and friends a healthy and happy remainder to the Spring of 2020.
Learn how to build, maintain, and repair dry stone walls at one of our 7 workshops in 2020. These are 1-Day practical courses held in conjunction with the DSWAI. When you click “Register Now”, choose your venue ticket from the dropdown menu. Each workshop is the same price – €75 – when you sign up through NOTS.
- Saturday June 27th: Mount Dalton, Rathconrath, Mullingar, Co Westmeath N91KR88
- Saturday July 18th: Creggane House, Aoghrim, Ballinasloe, Co Galway HS3YO79
- To be re-arranged: Charlesfort, Dromore West, Co Sligo
- To be re-arranged: Turrus Hill, Mountcharles, Co Donegal
- To be re-arranged: Streedagh Gate Lodge, Grange, Co Sligo F91 H6K3
Cost: €75 per workshop (NOTS / DWSAI Membership Rate) – Full cost = €100 per workshop if you don’t sign up through NOTS.
Please note: It is possible to receive further discounts if you sign up for more than one workshop (for example both Westport dates). Contact the NOTS office on 071 9640688 for more information.
- Learn the basic skills of dry stone walling.
- Promoting an awareness of the craft of dry stone building in Ireland.
- Hands on training oh how to maintain and repair your walls.
- The benefits of walls on the farm.
- Information on grants for walls.
- Dry stonewall built on a radius free Hand.
Included: Lunch, teas/coffees
Please note: Bring sturdy, safe shoes and outdoor clothing. Safety gloves will be provided.
For more info on the Dry Stone Wall Association of Ireland – see www.dswai.ie.