NOTS are delighted to continue our partnership with Blathnaid Bergin and the Business of Food to provide funding for the first online, interactive version of the prestigious “Business of Food” course.
Ordinarily run through Ballymaloe Cookery School, Blathnaid and the team have been working hard to convert the course into an in-depth, fully interactive and supported online programme.
For the first edition of the online course, NOTS are providing a massive 40% funding rate. This means a saving of more than €1,300 in total for course participants who come through us at NOTS.
Who should do this course?
Anyone who is thinking of opening a cafe, restaurant, pub with food, coffee shop or any iteration of above.
What is the course format?
The course format will be on zoom with discussion, research, video, case studies, practical sessions and presentations. The course will be delivered from September 7th through Mid November which will facilitate off site work, research, planning and development.
What is the cost and what do I get for the fee?
Participants who qualify and sign up through NOTS pay €2,040 for the course. This is a 40% reduction on the full course price of €3,400.
Includes a pre-course pack, all online training, notes, assignments, case studies, and two one-to-one sessions with each participant during the course. A course folder will be built up as the course progresses and will be used in tandem with online sessions. The course will be as interactive as possible given the medium of delivery.
Students will be required to conduct offline research and complete assignments between sessions. Blathnaid Bergin will be available by email between sessions for support and clarification.
– Blathnaid Bergin – The Restaurant Advisor
– Deirdre Coleman – Interior Design
– Dr.Detta Melia – Food Safety
– Anne Abberton – FIXX Coffee
Course Modules / Learning Topics:
- Concept development
- Customer Segmentation
- Legal Obligations in Food Service
- Menu Planning
- Menu Costing and Pricing
- Menu Engineering
- Menu Design
- Food Quality Control Systems
- Building an environmentally sustainable business
- Managing overhead costs
- Minimising Utilities costs
- Recognising and eliminating Hidden Costs
- Waste Management across the business
- Waste Management Systems
- Kitchen Planning
- Kitchen Design/Flow – equipment needs
- Kitchen Operations Management Systems
- Dealing with chefs/cooks
- Standard Recipes
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Order of Work System
- Front of house design tips
- Counter Design/Flow /equipment needs
- All things Coffee
- Front of House Operations Management Systems
- Training Staff -requirements
- Service Skills for Front of House – best practice
- COVID19 Regulations and their impact on operations management
- Financial Controls and best practice in a food service business
- Primary Cert in Food Safety – National Hygiene Partnership
- Bringing it all together