Free to Job Seekers
Course Content: The course will be divided into 21 days contact training days plus 10 days work experience.
· Basic Meat Cutting and Knife Skills,
· Sausage and Pudding Making,
· Mining and Burger Making,
· Poultry preparation and added value products,
· Cured Meats,
· BBQ products,
· Displaying and Packaging of Meats
· Demo Sessions and Product Knowledge,
· Customer Service, Communication and Team Work,
· Food Hygiene for the meat sector,
· First Aid for the meat sector,
· Manual Handling for the meat sector,
· Requirements, Regulations and Record Keeping for the meat sector.
Assignment: Trainees will be expected to complete 1 assignment throughout the duration of the course.
Course Start Date: This course will start on the 16th of May 2016 and run 2 days a week until July 2016. (Plus 10 days work experience)
Course Location: The course will be held just outside Roscommon town, Co Roscommon.
How to apply: To apply please check that you are eligible (see link above), if eligible then please send a brief CV and cover letter to the: National Organic Training Skillnet via email email@example.com Please enter “Butchery Skills” in the subject title or post your CV and cover letter to National Organic Training Skillnet, The Enterprise Centre, Hill Road, Drumshanbo, Co Leitrim.
Places are limited therefore you will be called for an interview.
For additional information please contact the Margaret or Sean at the National Organic Training Skillnet on 0719640688 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The National Organic Training Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets Ltd funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
Outcomes:At the end of this program trainees will be equipped with basic butchery knowledge and an understanding of how to add value to meat products for direct sale to the consumer. Trainees will gain basic hands on skills that are required to work on a retail counter in a butchers or supermarket.